Recent Posts

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next
Combustion produces CO2 (among other things), so detect that with NDIR.  CO2 absorption at 4.26 micron.

https://www.co2meter.com/blogs/news/co2-carbon-dioxide-detector

Don't forget to incorporate a filter that is routinely changed so the emitter and sensor doesn't get covered with creosote, ash or smoke residue.
I've soldered to spark plugs before...
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: JLCPCB alters soldermask without any notice
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 03:22:15 am »
There is a check box on the order page labeled "Confirm Production File".  You should probably check that and do your review of their production gerbers in the future.

Beware that JLC only give you a finite period to review of 24 hours before auto-confirming. Orders don't sit at the confirmation stage indefinitely until you act.

When it's important, I'll open a chat with a real person (as far as I can tell anyway) and make it very clear that an order is not to be started without gerber review and confirmation.
Needs to be smaller.  Think wearable with tiny PCB.   So like SOT32 / 3x3mm DFN package
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by Sredni on Today at 03:00:03 am »
Ok, it really is basic comprehension of inclusion.
Watch this first
https://youtu.be/5_oCRtEN2pI

Then consider the set of the following elements:

Diodes (has its own name and symbol)
Zener diodes (has its own name and symbol)
Tunnel diodes (has its own name and symbol)
Metal Oxide Varistor (has its own name and symbol)
Neon NE2 lamp (has its own name and symbol)
Incandescent lamp (has its own name and symbol)

This is a set of...
of...

...nonlinear resistors!
Yeahhhhh!

Now take this big huge set of nonlinear resistors, and put it near the set of linear resistors (they also have their own symbol).
What have you got now? What is the set formed by the set of linear and nonlinear resistors?
It's a set of...

Resistors!
Yeahhhh!

Since linear resistors are so to speak the default, we give them the short name of resistors (after all they have been introduced with this name in high school). I hope this won't confuse you.
But apparently it does. Big time.

We call ordinary cars just "cars" even if the set of cars includes formula1 race cars. So, in the same vein the set of cars contains the cars you can drive on public road  (which are called just "cars") and the F1 racing cars, which you can't drive on public roads. The F1 cars have their own name, their own circuit, their own regulations but are still part of the greater set "cars", but are disjoint from the set of public road homologated cars (or "cars" in short).
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol MSO5000 series oscilloscopes
« Last post by BTO on Today at 02:40:42 am »
What does the press of the "Single Button" at the startup do? Is there a manual/tutorial on this?

Try it and you'll see. Pressing single brings you to the bootloader which allows upgrade/downgrade of the firmware and reset to factory defaults.
Normally you can only upgrade in the regular scope app.

I'm planning on getting to the bottom of why people are having so much difficulty getting through this process so..

Question : I have no problem getting into the Pre Boot menu and to the options of Default and Firmware upgrade.
Although i see 2 issues arisiing here

1. A lot of people are saying that DEFAULT takes you back to the original firmware version and locks all the unlocked options, that's not actually true. I did it last night.
   Default just (seems to) Take your scope back to default settings, so if you had a custom setup file as i do, it changes the settings back to default settings

2. AS FOR THE DOWNGRADE...
Firmware upgrade doesn't actually downgrade the scope, I read from a forum user to first run DEFAULT (and i did) and then to load 1.3.2.2 onto usb then run the firmware upgrade from the preboot menu
(and i did) it failed  I have tried 3 different 1.3.2.2 files on the forum and they all fail

Note : My scope is on 1.3.3.0  with all options unlocked with the Patch

ANY IDEAS

So if we break this up into stages (AND I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM DR MEPHISTO)
Stage 1 - Getting into the Pre Boot Menu  .. Piece of cake - DONE
Stage 2 - Getting my scope down from 1.3.3.0 to either 1.3.2.2  or if needed 1.3.0.3  ,  Not able to do that yet

ANY IDEAS
General Technical Chat / Re: Questions about Adelaide Australia
« Last post by SmallCog on Today at 02:34:57 am »
I hope you enjoy your time here (I'm from Adelaide)

Not 100% sure about groups, I think there are but their names are escaping me. My only involvement with a group is with a local repair cafe. Have a google for "Maker" groups in Adelaide perhaps.

Brick and Mortar stores:
Altronics, about 10min drive north of the city centre, are my go to shop.
Aztronics, in the city centre, they're a little independant shop I've only been there a few times.
Jaycar, they do carry components, enclosures, etc but I prefer Altronics. They have a bunch of stores in Adelaide including in the city centre

Overnight delivery is hit and miss in Adelaide, options include Element14 (also known as Farnell) and RS Comonents. I also use WES however you'd need to open an account first so they may not be an option for a short term visitor.

Test Equipment / Vevor SDS1104 for first oscilloscope?
« Last post by help_me_pick_username on Today at 02:28:41 am »
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a first oscilloscope. I found the Vevor SDS1104.

4 Channels, 100MHz 1GS/s at about $320, this seems like a decent deal? Obviously it seems to be a no-name brand, but spec wise, looks ok. I found this unboxing on YouTube (), and it looks ok at first glance.

There doesn't seem to be many proper reviews of this so wanted to know what you guys thought. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Purchase page: https://www.vevor.com.au/oscilloscopes-c_12405/vevor-digital-oscilloscope-1gs-s-sampling-rate-100mhz-bandwidth-portable-oscilloscope-with-4-channels-color-screen-30-automatic-measurement-functions-for-electronic-circuit-testing-diy-p_010228231720
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com.au/VEVOR-Oscilloscope-Bandwidth-Measurement-Electronic/dp/B0CP7Z1V56

Thanks
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next