Recent Posts

Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Pace ADS200 soldering station
« Last post by shabaz on Today at 04:22:41 pm »
Since it's (perhaps) unlikely that the transformer has changed in the Plus version, the current board layout looks straightforward enough that, worst-case, once someone takes high-res photos of the Plus board, perhaps it's possible to easily reverse-engineer any potential board modifications, if it's not just a firmware upgrade.

It would be nice if Pace supplied a modification guide (ideally with a components pack e.g. the Flash chip, etc, or at least a parts list and firmware download), or a replacement board swap offer (say at a very low cost) because it's unfair to existing owners if there is no upgrade path.

Just speculating, but I suspect it's going to be an easily solvable problem with few changes since they labeled it Plus rather than (say) ADS210 or 250 or whatever! and they also mention that it's the same price.

Beginners / Re: LM317 Based Digitally Controlled Power Supply
« Last post by aliarifat794 on Today at 04:22:09 pm »
Here is also an adjustable power supply design featuring LM317 and LM337. You can see it for further improvement. It uses two voltage regulators, an LM317 for positive voltage and an LM337 for negative voltage.
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/LM317_AND_LM337_ADJUSTABLE_POWER_SUPPLY_CIRCUIT_BOARD_904eaf4a.html
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 04:20:57 pm »
So yeah not the same, not even close...

I agree, and did not mean to imply that the two limitations are comparable. Just the pattern of argumentation.

Having used the SDS814X HD for nearly two months now, I can confirm that the resolution limitation is not a problem -- although I do notice it at times, especially with flattish signal slopes. If I had shelled out extra money for the larger screen in a 1000X HD, I would probably be annoyed about it.
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 04:20:16 pm »
But facts are facts and DHO900 is hardware that is a shame of Rigol and should not have left prototype phase. It is a 250MHz scope (claimed) that in worst case samples at 156MSps/s which is FINRSI type of specmanship.

No disagreement there, but let's not forget the Siglent logic adapter is severely compromised, too.

No it is not severely compromised, it has certain limitations. That are clearly documented, and you actually heard it from "Siglent crowd". There are limitations in real time zoom, and triggering from mixed channels.
But OTOH, it samples at blazing 1GS/s and does not impact scope own sampling or memory.

So limited it is, compromised it is not.
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 04:19:44 pm »
If you use your DHO800 at factory 125Mhz it is all good and well and no problem.

It's enough for me right now.

If I need more bandwidth I can just double-click a .bat file on my PC and I can have 250MHz in 10 seconds.

(nb. You don't need to reboot, just kill/restart the 'scope app).

I'm aware of the limits when I do that. It's very easy to turn channels on/off to check for aliasing.
Test Equipment / Re: Multimeter selection for production testing
« Last post by mawyatt on Today at 04:17:58 pm »
The KS34465A and SDM3065X have no problem handing these current ranges for a single set of terminals. KS has a 3A max terminal that also supports 1ua range (as well as a 10A range on another terminal) and the SDM has 10A terminal that supports a 200ua range.

Also the DMM6500 terminal that surrorts 3A and 10ua range.

We just checked all of these to be sure :-+

Best,
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: SOLD — Learning Art of Electronics course kit
« Last post by watchmaker on Today at 04:16:51 pm »
Just arrived and extremely well packed and organized.  THANK YOU.

Looking thru the Lab Manual and the instructions for the Dallas bread board, I think this follows the philosophy of the text. To me, it assumes a lot about the leaner and is not particularly kind.

But, as an adjunct to real Analog videos and the text based course I am using, it fill a gap. Should be very helpful once I get past capacitors and inductors.
Repair / Re: HP 3457A Opto-coupler/opto-isolator replacement
« Last post by almarghi on Today at 04:15:34 pm »
Yes, it takes some time, especially on Auto. When I sort resistors, I lock the range and it is somehow faster, but don't expect miracles...
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 04:14:06 pm »
But facts are facts and DHO900 is hardware that is a shame of Rigol and should not have left prototype phase. It is a 250MHz scope (claimed) that in worst case samples at 156MSps/s which is FINRSI type of specmanship.

No disagreement there, but let's not forget the Siglent logic adapter is severely compromised, too.
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 04:11:40 pm »
The thing is that the user will not get mistaken results from the Siglent.
I agree with you.  My point was more, if he measured the wrong signal (the mistake) then he will get the wrong results.  I was not actually trying to comment on the scope's capabilities.  I admit I was not clear in tis respect.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]