Author Topic: PV energy less expensive than natural gas.  (Read 36066 times)

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
Re: PV energy less expensive than natural gas.
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2018, 02:15:29 am »
That's definitely a nice setup.  Wish I had that much property.    It is my dream to buy some acreage property, ideally in an unorganized township with low property taxes.  Cut down on energy costs (basically free) and taxes and that's basically a good chunk of living costs gone right there.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2018, 03:42:26 am »
People in North America wont be able to afford the grid if we sell off our LNG to Asian countries for five times what people pay here "until its gone". But lots of people here will get rich.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline DougSpindler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2018, 03:59:45 pm »
People in North America wont be able to afford the grid if we sell off our LNG to Asian countries for five times what people pay here "until its gone". But lots of people here will get rich.

That’s what “we”/American’s are good at.  We do the same with our food, seeking our beef to Mexico and rice/soybeans to V+China.  The people in America who pick the food can’t afford to buy it.

Offline fourtytwo42

• Super Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO NOT political
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2018, 07:19:39 pm »
That's bloody good to get almost 50% insolation in that murk (UK English for fog, also known as clag :) )
It can be very bright and glaring in fog. It can also be dark and gloomy. Fog varies a lot, just as white and dark clouds do.

This PV array can produce over 40kWh in a sunny day so the 4kWh I produced is a bit less than 10% of that not 50%
It was really gloomy as is not just fog but also completely overcast and today was the same this being the 4th day almost exactly the same and extremely unusual for this location.
The white snow on the ground helps with reflections especially at this steep angles my PV panels are installed.

Ooops!! Missed the H in my mind somehow....sorry, thought it was a bit too good to be true :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:43:45 pm by fourtytwo42 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf