Author Topic: steve30's new solar PV installation (South Yorkshire, England)  (Read 1768 times)

Offline steve30Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Stephen Coates' Homepage
steve30's new solar PV installation (South Yorkshire, England)
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:12:04 am »
I'd just thought I'd post a quick overview of my new PV installation.

I've got 9 x 300W panels mounted on the roof of our end terrace house. Panels are JA Solar Monocrystalline panels. Total theoretical capacity is 2.7kW.

The inverter is a Growatt 2500 with a capacity of 2.5kW and is mounted in the loft.

Someone must have notified the sun that I had this installed, as its mostly been dull since  8). On the dull days, it has been producing between 200-300W totalling 2-3kWh per day. We did have a nice sunny day on Sunday where I clocked it going at 1.9kW, and totalled about 8kWh for the day. Yesterday was moderately sunny and it produced about 5kWh.

I'm very pleased with it. I'm expecting it to perform quite well  :).

I've attached some photos.

Offline steve30Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Stephen Coates' Homepage
Re: steve30's new solar PV installation (South Yorkshire, England)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:24:48 am »
I've had the system for about a month now and I'm pleased to report that it seems to be working nicely.

Unfortunately the weather isn't very good for it, but even when its producing 300W on a dull day, its enough to power things like my computers, lights, audio equipment etc.

I hooked the inverter up to a computer and ran Growatt's crappy chinese software 'Shinenet' to graph some of the output. The first screenshot shows a dull-ish October day which produced a couple of kWh.

The other screenshot shows a very sunny October day which produced over 9kWh by the end of the day. This particular day was very windy - you can see around 12 o'clock where the sun went behind a tree and the wind kept blowing the tree over 2 or 3 panels. Normally when there is no wind, only one panel is slightly shaded here.

I think it'll do very well during the summer. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs through next year.

The following users thanked this post: DenzilPenberthy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf