Author Topic: $10000 Flir Camera broke out of the blue - would appreciate help diagnosing/fix!  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Dan44Topic starter

I went and plugged the camera in using the OEM charger. I plugged the charger directly into the battery while it was in the camera, as opposed to charging it on the cradle. When I came back to unplug it the screen was on but was completely black (no gui or anything). I unplugged the battery to reset the camera. Now when I go to turn the camera on the power lights goes green and I hear the lens focusing but nothing shows up on the screen or monocle, I also can't get the power light to turn off without unplugging the battery. I believe the charger may have put to much power through the camera once the battery was charged?  I could use some guidance -thanks!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:44:58 pm by Dan44 »

Offline stojke

• Regular Contributor
Shouldn't have happened from charging the battery, maybe the camera had other problems the seller did not report.
Try leaving it with out any power for some time. Hold the power button a minute or two while the battery and power adapter are disconnected.

Offline EHT

• Frequent Contributor
RTM or Google for how to fully reset it; perhaps that is what you have already done. If that doesn't work and a) you are not experienced at repair of such devices and b) you cannot risk a mistake that would completely destroy it, then you have no option but to take it to be professionally repaired. Maybe others could opine on where to take it if you say what city you're in. Try the manufacturer.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Did you know we have a forum specifically for thermal cameras? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/

Offline Dan44Topic starter

I don't get what happened. I got it working again though I unplugged both batteries (internal, normal battery) and lens for a few minutes and got it working.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:49:43 pm by Dan44 »

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
one of the power rails died = partially working
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf