Author Topic: Acer ES1-571 motherboard charging problem  (Read 2527 times)

Offline slafkooTopic starter

Acer ES1-571 motherboard charging problem
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »
Greetings all!

Since this is my first post, little introduction from my side, I'm Tom from Croatia, SysAdmin, late 20es, been around electronics whole life, but recently started to go deeply into it. I have basic electronic knowledge and soldering skills, like repairing bad contacts, make simple circuit and that stuff. been long time lurker on this forum, now i decided to reg and make my first post since for the problem i have, can't find any solution on interwebs.

So the problem is laptop motherboard for Acer ES1-571 with i3cpu. I have old Acer ES1-512 with pentium N-crap cpu which is collecting dust and since mobo from ES1-571 fits into 512 i decied to buy it.  I got it very cheap from ebay, it was listed on defect so i knew i was getting into.  Seller specified that motherboard turns on but there is no video on external display. So, when i received it, swamped the mobos in laptop, did hard reset and there was video on display. yay! Booted into Windows, everything works.

But, then i noticed that battery is not charging. It says the battery status (%) but there is a error messages "Plugged in, not charging". Unplugging the power cable from laptop, laptop instantly shuts down and trying to power it on without cable pluged in, doesnt work.

What i tried:
Battery reset procedure - 0 success
Tried different battery with higher V - 0 success
Tried different DC jack - 0 success
Tried different power adapter - 0 success
Checked the fuses (F5201, F5202, F5401) on mobo with multi meter - signal passing trough, so they are OK
Contacts on battery connector (BTY1) looks fine.

Don't know what else to try, so if someone could suggest something or guide me to fixing this, i would be very grateful.

Below are attached pictured of mobo, top and botom side
Thanks in advance!

Ignore termal paste ;)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:45:51 pm by slafkoo »

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Re: Acer ES1-571 motherboard charging problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:06:40 am »
no idea if diagram is available for this crap, but its pretty much always a ~copy and paste from similar designs, like this : http://www.rom.by/files/1670_petra_uma_mb-aspire_v5-531_v5-571-11324.pdf

you can almost use that  one 1:1 if you subtract 400 from part numbers :o
on the diagram charge controller PU4003, on your board its PU4403 etc

first check PU4402, PR4417, PR4404 etc
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf