Author Topic: Advantest TR6845 calibration procedure and Error message, need help  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Zo-leeTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi everyone,

Couple of weeks ago I bought (it was so cheap I would rather say found) a TR6845.
It was working for a few days, far out of calibration though. I was unable to find any documentations on the web so started to play around with.
 What I figured out is there is a hole at the bottom of the case with a switch under it. When you turn the switch on, the display start blinking.
Now you connect the unit to a, let's say 10.008k  \$\Omega\$ resistor you can calibrate it pushing the "shift" (green) button on the front panel. The display change to 00000 or 10000 aso depend on the range (I tried with auto range make it simpler) the first digit is still the rest is blinking. Now you can adjust the first digit with "up" and "down" buttons on the front panel, when it's done you can jump to the next digit with the "auto" button aso. After all are set hit the shift again and that's it. The procedure is the same with the voltage just change the function to VDC and the source to voltage, obviously. I assume this all true for the rest of the functions but I didn't have a chance to try.

I had ERR 2 messages twice since I have the unit but after a restart it was working again.
Two days ago when I turned it on I had an "ERR 4" message and dead silence. :-// I found nothing on the web so teared it down. only thing I found was two cable connection was broken to the front panel board. See: Connect.jpg
Likely they broke during the tear down (IMHO it's a bed design and you can find the same solution on the other 2 boards too)

And now I don't know where to go.
I would appreciate for every suggestion except for the "Buy a new Fluke for $2000" and alike.

BTW what is this component? See: something.jpg  ;D It looks like some kinda capacitor, vacuum between two plates but I don't have clue. on the board there is a printed "VL201" under it.     

• Contributor
Re: Advantest TR6845 calibration procedure and Error message, need help
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:32 am »
I just got a message from Kazuaki Tanaka ADC Corporation Sales Department: (They are "taking over Digital Multimeter products from ADVANTEST")

"Error4 message of TR6845 mean that the broken the calibration data of TR6845.
 But TR6845 already was finished the period for calibration and maintenance.
 Therefore we can't repair this TR6845."
Also he recommend to purchase a new Advantest multimeter instead, of course.

He sent me a link as well where I was able to download the english manual from:
http://www.adcmt-e.com/en/download/

After the user registration you can reach manuals for the whole product range from here.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:42:36 am »
Advantest usually replies well to emails, asking for manuals.
Their user manuals have sometimes simple service instructions like calibration procedures in them as well.
But it seems to be impossible to get any schematics from Advantest.

Did the manual help you?
May be if you store the calibration data again, the meter will work without problems?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 08:53:59 am »
The problem is when I turn it on the error message come up and there is no response for any bottoms.

Can you suggest how could I store the calibration data again? I have no clue :-//

I really liked this old unit and would be sad to sell it for parts on ebay.

Offline singing.tiger

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 10:35:05 am »
You can try below to reset to your backup parameters...

POWER SW ON + [AAC] Initialize parameter.
On condtion that "CAL ON sw" is to be "ON".
*POWER SW ON + [SHIFT]+[OHM] all data is erased out.
**POWER SW ON + [SHIFT]+[AAC] Clear check sum.

Offline serg-el

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 03:37:49 pm »
Instructions for use and calibration  TR6845-46-47-48-ope-e .
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/u8B4/xnwv6QLK7

The following users thanked this post: AFTORF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf