Author Topic: Agilent Infinium model 54810A - "Fine interpolator handshake failed: service..."  (Read 6087 times)

Offline scrokyTopic starter

Hello all,
i have a big problem with my Agilent Infinium model 54810A.
At the first, the only ch2 has a problem: about 35kHz of big sinusoidal internal oscillation in the input offset chain... while ch1 working properly.
But then, suddenly at the startup appear "Fine interpolator handshake failed: service is required".
I think that the problems are in the acquisition board...
Can someone help me, please?
Thank you in advance!
Alessandro
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:36:30 pm by scroky »

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
you can try re-seating the big ceramic modules and cleaning the contacts. if that doesnt work the the hybrids may be bad. My stock is depleted. they are hard to find ...
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Hi free_electron,
thank you for the fast replay. I tried to clean the gold contact of ceramic ICs, but nothing...
I don't hunderstand, because i have only remove end reinserted the connector on the acquisition board, as long as i tried to repair the oscillation on ch2...
Thank you for the help...
Alessandro

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
I would also try re-seating W11 and examine the contacts closely for any damage, such as a bent pin or bad solder joints.  I think that connector probably has latches on it that click when it is fully seated.  If you're up to it you can also do an end-to-end continuity check from each solder pad on the acq board to each pad on the scope interface card.

Also look for any PCB trace or bottom side component damage between W11 and the timebase area (near the 100MHz oscillator).  You may have damaged something when removing the card.

Of course it could always be a dead chip, as free_electron says.  I'm just suggesting you take a very close look at those areas you might have mechanically disturbed when the new problem first started.

Hi,
thank you for the your advices, tomorrow i try these last possibility.
Unfortunately, the connector pin on the board are good.
Thank you very much.
Bye

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
i was cleaning up my garage  and i have found a donor board. so i have four of the hybrids available.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline jyo

Hi everyone,
I have got an old 84510a (US3734...) for a few bucks.
It powerd up, but no display, did not boot.
With an external VGA screen, I quickly found out what's wrong: Dallas battery low, HD failure.
I have unsoldered the Dalla chip, soldered a chip carrier and installed a new Dalas chip: BIOS was happy.
A new 2.5" HD hacked from an old laptop, restore a 3.50 Ghost image, and that's it: BOOT  ;D
Unfortunately my happiness died in the middle of self tests, when Time tag, Timebase an Interpolator refused to collaborate... :palm:
As told here by Infinium wizards, I verified connection between Acq and interface board, cleaned ADC hybrids, but nope. :-//
Has someone some good timebase chips (they aren't hybrid on this old acq board) that I could swap, or, better, a functionnal acq board (with hybrid timebase, it would be a plus ;o), even without attenuators nor ADC?
Thank's for reply.
I'm interested by everything.
Are everythings interested by me?

Offline dogbert

• Contributor
I noticed that you don't have the attenuator block installed on Ch2. Did you get this error with the attenuator installed?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf