Author Topic: AIM-TTi EX354t (Rev 1?) pictures?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline stazeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • I _might_ have a problem...
    • Everybody Staze...
AIM-TTi EX354t (Rev 1?) pictures?
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:35:58 am »
Hi All,

I've got a busted EX354t that's not working, but the schematics and board layout provided by TTi seem to be wrong. Most obvious issue being the board layout shows two bulk caps, where the board only has one (the schematic only seems to show one as well).

Anyone have one of these units and care to post a picture of the board? The main board for mine shows board model 1460, but the service manual seems to indicate it should be 1540.

One of my main concerns at this point is the power switch wire connection order. When I got it, it seemed to be wrong. I think I've fixed that, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also suspicious is the main SMPS section that drives the rest. It seems to be largely based on a 7555, and then a the regulated power supply derived from some zeners and an LM393. But the location of these zeners on the board does not match the layout, and I am not sure I can trust the schematic. =/

The unit does not power up. The LM393 gets ~12V, but the 7555 is getting less than a volt. I assume this is a failure in the VREG section, but it's super hard to troubleshoot when TTi placed the component markings UNDER the components (so the resister/diode covers it's designator).

So, pictures would be a great start. Attached are the schematic and the incorrect layout. =/ I'm suspecting either the 79C36 or 79C18 is bad... but I'm not super positive.

Thanks!
“Give a man an answer, he’ll keep his job for a day. Teach a man to Google, and he’ll be employed for a lifetime”

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf