Author Topic: android iptv box  (Read 1211 times)

Offline loginTopic starter

• Contributor
android iptv box
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:08:42 pm »
here's a long shot but has anybody tried to repair an android iptv box? Mine fails to power up. There is no fuse, power seems to be straight into an smd cap. I measure a short through the first few caps after the dc input socket and would like to change them but being surface mount they have no markings to indicate their value. The box is branded MII box model A9. What I would like is a circuit diagram but I doubt they exist or info if someone else has been down the same path. Any help appreciated. :-+

Offline denimdragon

• Regular Contributor
  • "Hole charge chaser and wanna-be o-scope fixer"
Re: android iptv box
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:26:15 pm »
Can you take a pic of the PCB area and post it? It might helpful if we can see what you see  :-+
"Hi there. I'm short in the hair department, do you mind if I pull a few strands from your head? Thanks!"

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:26:18 am »
Are you sure they are caps and the short is across the caps?

What kind of short is it and how did you find it? Did you notice device sinking too much current or do a diode test in both directions across the supply rails, or do a resistance test in both directions? You should take (and show) measurements if you are unsure.

If they are caps and causing a dead short across the supply rails that shouldn't prevent you from confirming the device is working after the offender is removed. If they are just used for a bit of supply filtering the device will operate without them especially when testing with your own bench supply (current limited).

As for working out what capacitors, you can deduce it by the surrounding components such as two capacitors in parallel can be the same values. A capacitor next to a regulator could be a nominal value shown in the regulators datasheet or found in comparable circuits.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 11:32:52 am »
Bot/AI post reported

For OP there's pretty much no chance you'll get a schematic. Post a pic and tell us you can measure. I'd more likely expect corrupted/bad firmware

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 12:32:30 pm »
Bot/AI post reported

Deleted/banned. Thanks for the report.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf