Author Topic: Anritsu MG3671A: No RF output  (Read 1277 times)

Offline kc7gr-15Topic starter

• Contributor
    • Blue Feather Technologies
Anritsu MG3671A: No RF output
« on: March 12, 2017, 06:22:00 am »
Anyone have any experience troubleshooting Anritsu instruments, specifically their MG3671A? I've not been able to, as yet, find a maintenance manual for it and its innards are not what I would call overly intuitive.  :P

The unit comes to life, all the controls work, all internal self-tests pass... but it has no RF out at all. Reference oscillator is fine. My first thought is the protection network is tripped, but the unit doesn't give any indication of this condition.

Thoughts?

Thanks much.
---
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR
'Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati' (Red Green)

Offline jkf1000

• Regular Contributor
Re: Anritsu MG3671A: No RF output
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 11:38:39 pm »
Unfortunately service material for a lot of the Anritsu product range is none existant. I have a spectrum analyser that fails self test which I am having to try and reverse engineer from just a block diagram. Try contacting Anritsu direct, you never know untill you ask. Karl

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:51:47 am »
No RF out and no fault is pretty odd. I assume the "RF out" button works fine and the LED toggles when it is pressed?
VE7FM

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:50 am »
If it is like others they will sample the output at the input of the attenuator, so if someone smoked that it will not know. Can you find out if there is a signal at the input of the attenuator?
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf