Author Topic: Autel MS 509 OBD scanner  (Read 7671 times)

Offline angrybbTopic starter

Autel MS 509 OBD scanner
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:33:16 pm »
Hi!
I was unsure where should i put this topic, here or in microcontrollers, so mods please move it if i posted it in wrong place.

I bought this unit from China, so it is clone. It was ok unit for given price. I than gave it to a friend who tried to repair some airbag problem on FIAT and failed. So he thought that maybe if he upgrade units software/firmware he may be able repair that airbag problem, but he was not. He did something worse.
He flashed fw from MS 609 (a little better device) and bricked the MS 509. Stupid from him and also stupid from Maxi Link software for letting him do that without checking if fw is for right device.
Anyway, device uses Atmel AT89C51RD2 and we have .bin file that should be flashed back. There is a ftdi chip in MS 509 and we are able to erase/flash/blankcheck etc AT89C51RD2 with Atmel FLIP software. We can put AT89C51RD2 in "flash" mode but after flashing it with FLIP it is still bricked. Maxi Link software wont communicate with device in "flash" mode.

FLIP asks for file to be intel hex so i used bin2hex from atmel site and converted the bin file, and i got hex file that starts with :2xxxxxx...   Flashed it, but stil blank screen
I than used bin2hex tool from MCU 8051 IDE from Moravia Microsystems and i got hex that starts with :1xxxxxx... flashed, again nothing.
Which file is correct? One that starts with :1 or :2?

Is it even possible to reflash that bin file with FLIP or not? What more info should i provide?

Here is the MS 509 http://georgestone72.blogspot.de/2013/03/harbor-freight-cen-tech-98614-autel.html

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:31:42 am by angrybb »

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: Autel MS 509 odb scanner
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:12:29 am »
:1 and :2 are just differences in how many bytes per line the converter decided to use (either 16 or 32) - see the file format specification here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HEX

Offline angrybbTopic starter

Re: Autel MS 509 OBD scanner
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:33:35 am »
Ok, so the hex files i was flashing are good. But why is the unit not starting? What should i do after flashing?

Offline Pramod

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 08:52:15 am »
Hi
I am also facing about same problem, with Autel Maxiscan MS509
When i discuss this issue with one expert he said, Autel Maxiscan ms509 is out dated device
Autel has stopped its production & don't provide updates any more

Smart chinese traders any how managed to find crack to software (firmware) & DTC code file & they are selling duplicate product as same as original autel product

Now coming to your problem, even if you will be able to flush your device chip, there could be problem if you try to load Firmware (.Bin) file & DTC defination (.Aut) if you don't have crack

I am holding about 10 pcs of  NEW Autel MS509 which has same product serial No - MS505245, Software Burn date 9/11/08
S.W. Ver - V3.0, H.W. Ver - V1.50, Lib V2.60

How serial no & other details of all the devices are same ? 

Now my problem with the Autel MS509 is not updated with manufacture specific codes of Indian brands cars TATA, MAHINDRA, MARUTI etc, so I am not able sell my stock of Autel, & hence decided to do some R & D on update files downloaded from www.auteltech.com

There are 2 Files .Bin which is Firm ware & .Aut file containing DTC defination etc

I open .AUT file with notepad & edited/replaced name suzuki to Maruti (where ever i find name suzuki as per each language ) & added to my device & it worked

Then tried to add & edit manufacturer specific code to .aut file & file added to device, device don't work any more.
Then added original files to it but still it don't work.

How can I make It working ?
Anyone know how edit .Aut file & add manufacturer specific code in it ?

Thanks
Pramod

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:23 am »
why bother when bluetooth obd dongles are $5 and everyone has a smartphone/tablet?
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf