Author Topic: Ballantine 3028A switch shaft.. or whatever is it called needed  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Ordinaryman1971Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Ballantine 3028A switch shaft.. or whatever is it called needed
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:17:11 pm »
Hello, wanted to ask if anybody out there has a Ballantine 3028A that you around that I can get a switch shaft or whatever this part is called from.
And if you are asking, it's not like I don't have another meter, I just hate for this thing to be broken and useless because of this little part.
I've tried to glue it together but it just doesn't work, I need a replacement.
I've included some  pictures, take a look please and maybe you just have a switch like this or maybe you know where to get it.

Offline sanman

• Contributor
Re: Ballantine 3028A switch shaft.. or whatever is it called needed
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:09 pm »
If you can't find a suitable replacement I wonder if one could be 3D printed? Maybe check some of the 3D parts sites?

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:43:30 am »
There are several 3028B parts meters on EBay, which ironically are more expensive than a working 3028A that's selling for $39.99 shipped.

I have a 3D printer, but if it were my problem, I think I might try to reproduce it by cutting/shaving down a bit of aluminum stock to the major dimensions and then do the detail work with a dremal and other hobby knives/tools. Thats if the conductivity of aluminum isn't an issue. If it is, then plastic stock and a lot more hand-tool work to avoid melting things.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:49:05 am by Nusa »

Offline Ordinaryman1971Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 12:52:55 am »
I believe this is a stock switch that was probably used in several applications of the time..... I'm pretty sure somebody will look at it and will know where to find it.
Well, I'm looking for this one person, lol. Basically the switch doesn't have to come from another Ballantine meter, it could be coming from... anything of this era.
Or maybe somebody has an old stock of those sitting in long forgotten parts box...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf