Author Topic: BM audiolabs XR-888 missing component.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline AdigaTopic starter

BM audiolabs XR-888 missing component.
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:12 pm »
Hi guys, im modding my car amp (xr-888) to use it as a home amp, somewhat good when it comes to speakers and stuff, still need lots of work with electronics.... While working on desoldering the volume potentiometers i managed to cut a part out and then step on it, yeah im an idiot with some issues regarding what my arms do, the part has 2 wires, and was covered with a blob and stuck to the chassi of the amp, ill be including images too, searched for the diagram of the amp but could not find it, the part is labled as TH01 on the board, any help with knowing what the part is an if the amp could still work without it would be great, thanks in advance.

Re: BM audiolabs XR-888 missing component.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 11:09:41 pm »
I have managed to lose the part it self, the thing inside the blob looked like a small disc with a wire on each surface, the images of what i have remaining are attached, not so clear as im using a mobile cam and im posting through mobile too
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:19:23 pm by Adiga »

Re: BM audiolabs XR-888 missing component.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »
I now know its a thermal sensor, the amp should still work, just 1 more thing, should i bridge the connection or not? Which option will cause the protection to shut down the amp?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf