Author Topic: CMU200 HDD empty - new Install  (Read 2794 times)

Offline DF8SEMTopic starter

CMU200 HDD empty - new Install
« on: September 17, 2017, 08:57:53 pm »
Hello,
my HDD from the R&S CMU is fully empty.

How can I restore this? I have now installed Windows 98. What drivers and software do I need for the basic functions? Is this only possible with a copy of another CMU? Need help rebuilding the hard disk.
I only need the spectrum analyzer and signal generator for private amateur radio tests.
What software and drivers do I need?
I would be very grateful for any information.

de df8sem

Offline SoundTech-LG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: CMU200 HDD empty - new Install
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:35:51 pm »
Hi,

Not sure what you have as a HDD in the CMU200, but our Fleet of CMD60s use an IBM Travelstar 5GB drive with a DOS 5.0 OS. So if yours is using Windows it's new by comparison. We have been cloning drives in these to try to keep these operational. Not all drives work in all units. It may depend on Options installed etc. We are still learning.

Offline tmbinc

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:51:51 am »
The pickyness of the HDD option depends on the version of the frontpanel. I successfully replaced the HDD with an SSD on a CRTU (which really only makes sense if you're going to use the CRTU windows functionality; not related to CMU200).

For the CMU, the software is DOS-based. You could start by taking a look at the most recent firmware, but I think the software version manager etc. will be missing. Best bet is to clone an existing drive.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »
I have a drive with a base install on it which I bought from eBay, it's a genuine R&S spare, you can add the various options by downloading them from R&S.

If you're interested I can sell it to you for what it cost me?

Offline SoundTech-LG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 06:03:47 pm »
Yes, we've successfully cloned to SSD's as well. Also discovered that some Options are embedded in the HDD. Cloning, then booting on another CMD60 enables the Option. :-+

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:35 pm »
Hello,
my HDD from the R&S CMU is fully empty.

How can I restore this? I have now installed Windows 98. What drivers and software do I need for the basic functions? Is this only possible with a copy of another CMU? Need help rebuilding the hard disk.
I only need the spectrum analyzer and signal generator for private amateur radio tests.
What software and drivers do I need?
I would be very grateful for any information.

de df8sem

Hi, I have made a image of the HD in my CMU200 as a precaution. I can send it to you (best contact via PM). The image was made using the HD RAw copy software (http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/).

Offline DF8SEMTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:22 pm »
Hello @ all,

thanks for all answers. I have get an Copy of the HDD from the Seller. Now the CPU is running.

T H A N K S

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf