Author Topic: Connector identification  (Read 2019 times)

Offline David AuroraTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Connector identification
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:42:44 am »
Anybody know what these things are called/who makes them? I'm in the middle of a repair job with about 4 billion of these connectors and there's a few I'd like to replace while I've got access. It occurred to me though that I've never actually come across these before and searches so far haven't helped me find them. There's a few different pin counts and two different pin pitches on these, but they all share the same flat pins and big/small tabs on opposite sides.

Offline JSnyder

• Contributor
Re: Connector identification
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:20:56 am »
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0903250012/WM9239-ND/404183 Is this close to what your looking for? It's the Molex "picoflex" series of connectors.

Offline David AuroraTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:18 am »
Legend! Thanks mate

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »
Picoflex is a ribbon cable connector that is a bit of a pain to crimp without the correct crimp tool. The easiest way is to line it up and use a fine pair of needle nose pliers to press each contact down.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

Offline Christopher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:37:39 pm »
I like this series of connectors as they do premade ribbons in a variety of different pin counts & lengths.

Crimping is a massive bitch from looking, though. In cases where I need to crimp I look at MicroMatch connectors.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf