Author Topic: Datron 4950: Additional Service Handbook (with schematics) available?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline ZermalmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi,
I find the usermanual for the 4950.
This manual includes also a lot of calibration procedures and diagrams, but no circuits aso.

Does exist some kind of Service Handbook or is the usermanual the only available information source?

A collegue of me (unfortunatly he is in holidays) searched for it, because he have problems with one range (and I can't remember what the exact problem is).

Best regards
Andreas

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
I have not seen the insides of a 4950 but I have been inside(briefly) my 4920 and also a few 1281's. I would bet that they may have used most of the technology from the 1281 and perhaps some of the 4920.

I uploaded the 4920 manuals a few years ago to ko4bb and they are probably on xDevs.

Please get pictures and I am sure TiN will host them. My 1281's had self-test errors and were cured by replacing the caps in the digital and dc board assemblies so I would begin by measuring them.
It would also be worth measuring the internal lithium battery. All of mine were 10+ years old.

Offline ZermalmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I try to catch pictures, but at first my collegue must allow me to touch his baby  ;D

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
Just keep him/her distracted in other room and you will be fine, taking the beast apart.  :-/O
Sorry, couldn't resist. 4950 is rare beast, and surely many volt-nuts would love to see machinery guts.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf