Author Topic: Dead Brother DCP-115C printer control board  (Read 1676 times)

Offline rihardspplTopic starter

Dead Brother DCP-115C printer control board
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:20:59 am »
My old trusty Brother printer refused to show any signs of life on the control panel, although tests revealed that the main controller PCB is fully functional, I have narrowed down the search to this chip, have tried for hours to identify it, with no avail (See image). Help of any kind would be greatly thanked!
Attached is image of the presumably faulty chip and image of the unit that is not functioning (the unit itself and its pcb from both sides)

Offline Geerant101

• Contributor
Re: Dead Brother DCP-115C printer control board
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:45:37 pm »
For a second there I thought the board was covered with PCB mount fuses but they appear to be jumper wires on the back of the PCB with white silkscreen on the top.

I'm not sure what the chip is but it looks like it might be available from Alibaba:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60396135724/LG6154PNL9-TSSOP-30.html?spm=a2706.7843667/c.1998817009.4.vmDzau

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:19:32 pm »
Given the exposed metal tab out the end, my first thoughts were 'small motor driver', but this does not fit with its location.

Online sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:28:26 pm »
I think from memory that is just silk marking, not an exposed tab.

I would fully expect it to be a custom microcontroller or similar, it will be interpreting the key matrix, and driving the LCD at a minimum.  At best any replacement will be salvaged from another printer, if you do it yourself or if some fellow in China does it in a back alley, at worst the replacement will be some random chip with re-printed markings.

I would advise to just give up on repairing it, it's not worth the trouble, strip the printer down for parts - motors, rods, encoders, gears, the power supply, you can even use that LCD if you really wanted (the BroLCD arduino library even exists, I am pretty sure I used an old single line DCP-115 LCD with it once).  It's worth a lot more in it's useful components than it is as a faulty printer, or even as a working printer.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf