Author Topic: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 (Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled) Battery LED Flash  (Read 2331 times)

Offline AjATopic starter

• Contributor
Hello Experts,
My Inspiron 17R 7720 SE laptop can't power on with battery but only AC adapter can turn it on, if i try to charge battery with power off laptop than it flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat, if i open laptop connected with AC adapter with battery it showing a start-up message "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature" & keep flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat.
When I run the F2 Setup, under battery health I get the same message above "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature"

The computer operates normally with the AC adapter, shows the battery at 100% charged, but shuts off immediately when the AC adapter is disconnected.

Now i google my issue & found it may be issue with my battery or AC adapter so i bought one by one new AC adapter & battery but no success, still same error as above and it only can power on with AC adapter, hence I wast money to bought new AC adapter & battery, now after all this i been suggest on Dell website that issue is with laptop motherboard, and need to replace/repair motherboard Charging IC or some other part,
Now i am wondering how i check whether issue is in motherboard Charging IC or some other part, i am ready to work on my laptop motherboard, any suggestion will be highly appreciated, since i am newbie and need expert help to check mother board on component level,
Motherboard Schematics can find from below link
http://www.s-manuals.com/notebook/dell_inspiron_7720
Thanks.

Offline Kilo Tango

• Regular Contributor
Hi,

I think the laptop is not communicating properly with the battery. If the battery is good ( battery meter lights on the battery all lit ), but it cuts as soon as the AC adaptor is removed, that means either the power is not getting from the battery to the laptop, or the laptop thinks the battery is not there and not using it.

Sorry this could be a pain to fix.

Ken

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
Or the laptop has decided the battery is not OEM en refuses to use it.

Offline Kilo Tango

• Regular Contributor
Ahha yes, I had forgotten about that. Can't you turn off battery detection in the BIOS, or is that just power pack  ?.

Ken

Offline AjATopic starter

• Contributor
Battery is totally working, i check it with another laptop & it working great, battery & Power connector, now what i found is i had issue with motherboard whether it's in Charging IC or some cap or resistors, so need to check point to point as per Motherboard Schematics, if you guys saw attached Motherboard Schematics than battery & power details are on page 47 & page 55 on Schematics, now what i am thinking is problem might be on page 47 section jbat1: Smbdat0 , smbclk0 or Pbat_pres#, or it might be on EC45""EC46""EC47", "EC58""EC59""EC60 so need to check & replace one by one each & try,
Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf