Author Topic: Denon AVR-X500 repair!  (Read 1581 times)

Offline hamid.ilyasTopic starter

Denon AVR-X500 repair!
« on: August 27, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »
Hello Guys,

So my Denon AVR-X500 AV receiver started giving me weird problems like no sound from some of the channels and intermittent video display problem and then suddenly it died on me about a month ago.

It would turn on, do a system check and with a sound of a TICK, it would turn off itself with red blinking light. This was probably because of the safety circuit on board. Anyway, since I am not of a technical guru when it comes to electronics, I gave the set to someone for repair.

The guy worked on it for quite some time (around two weeks) and then told me that one of the IC is faulty on the HDMI digital board. He took out the IC and the set came back to life but now there's no sound. The IC is CIRRUS LOGIC CS42528-CQZ which is a DAC as well as S/PDIF converter. This IC is not available in Pakistan and I would most probably be required to import it from either China or Dubai.

Now the receiver is giving display, and all of the menu options are working, but no sound. even when I try to do the test tones. What I want to confirm from the gurus is that whether this kind of thing would happen i.e. no sound if you remove this IC from the board? even no test tones?

I think I can get the IC quite easily from abroad but if this is something not confirmed, I might prefer to import the complete HDMI board. I would also request you to provide suggestion on where to can get this board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf