Author Topic: DISHWASHER Candy CDI 9P55  (Read 2570 times)

Offline GermanShepherdTopic starter

DISHWASHER Candy CDI 9P55
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:57:45 pm »
Hi there, soo in the middle of the washing cycle dishwasher started beeping and there was E3 code displayed, which according to the internet means there's a problem with the heating element.

When opening the dishwashers door after code was tripped, the inside was warm. Also reseting the cycle and measuring power consumption, it was jumping from few W to 1.6kW in a 30-60'' time frame, corresponding to relay clicks indicating the flow-through heater is working, also measuring it's resitance at 28 \$\Omega\$ probably confirmes this.
Next thing I checked was the electronic board, there aren't any obvious culprits detected; working fuse, no foul smells.. Beyond that I didn't go. Last thing I wanted to check was the thermostat, but I couldn't find the damn thing, also no luck finding a service repair manual  :(

Sorry for bad quality pics-they weren't intended for internet use. On one there is very nice quality reley indicating how much this dishwasher is accualy worth. The dishwasher is making non encouraging sounds from first use few years ago (stated by candy are normal), nothing like my other bosch dishwasher. As germans would say; niemals candy! (never again) :horse: :--
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:02:51 pm by GermanShepherd »

Offline Brutte

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DISHWASHER Candy CDI 9P55
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »
It is taking in a precise volume of water (pulse counter) but during washing cycle a hydrostatic pressure/level switch opens. This indicates a device is not levelled as described in the installation manual. Do not let it rock.

Other cause can be when dishes are not placed correctly - if some oven or a cup flips over then the water quantity in the cycle drops down - tripping level switch.

The following users thanked this post: GermanShepherd

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 05:49:59 pm »
Sorry for bad quality pics-they weren't intended for internet use. On one there is very nice quality reley indicating how much this dishwasher is accualy worth. The dishwasher is making non encouraging sounds from first use few years ago (stated by candy are normal), nothing like my other bosch dishwasher. As germans would say; niemals candy! (never again) :horse: :--
:palm: better google before making ridiculous claims.
http://eu.mouser.com/songchuan/
That relay brand is decent and is stocked by first tier electronic part distributors.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
It is taking in a precise volume of water (pulse counter) but during washing cycle a hydrostatic pressure/level switch opens. This indicates a device is not levelled as described in the installation manual. Do not let it rock.

Other cause can be when dishes are not placed correctly - if some oven or a cup flips over then the water quantity in the cycle drops down - tripping level switch.

Thanks for replay, can you please point out the location of the level switch. The dishwasher is level from day 1 and it does not rock. I've also tried multiple wash cycles without any dishes inside before I flipped the dishwasher to check flow-through heater.

Now the salt refill area is full of water, but that probably has to do with the fact that the dishwasher was flipped for a whole day - 'll empty it and try out.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 02:20:58 pm »
:palm: better google before making ridiculous claims.
http://eu.mouser.com/songchuan/
That relay brand is decent and is stocked by first tier electronic part distributors.

Fair enough, could 've and would 've researched the name first if I wasn't so frustrated with this and whole candy support arrogance which I haven't mentioned.
Chinese like brand names are not exacly encouraging signs on top of all that.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »
Now the salt refill area is full of water, but that probably has to do with the fact that the dishwasher was flipped for a whole day - 'll empty it and try out.
It's how it should be normally, at least for dishwashers I've seen before.

Offline Brutte

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 04:12:05 pm »
can you please point out the location of the level switch
lmgtfy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf