Author Topic: Separating/removing the ceramic layer from the heatsink on Tektronix hybrids  (Read 1524 times)

Offline mrnukeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I'm referring specifically to the hybrids in the 2400 series analog scopes. Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking of replacing the ceramic with a PCB rather than blindly seek undiscovered pockets on Unobtainium.

I've tried heating it up with a heatgun, but the ceramic won't budge. I want to do this while preserving both the heatsink and ceramic.

• Regular Contributor
Finally did it! The secret is to prop up the heatsink on some helping hands. Set the heat gun to max heat, max air, no nozzle.

Then, with one hand and a set of pliers, hold the heatsink in place, while with the other hand and another set of pliers, wiggle the ceramic until it comes off. The glue is very sticky and gummy.

Offline chihaxinh

• Regular Contributor
Why you need remove ceramic layer ? I have one Tektronix 2440 but running quite hot and fail in high frequency  :-//

• Regular Contributor
Why you need remove ceramic layer ? I have one Tektronix 2440 but running quite hot and fail in high frequency  :-//

It will all become clear in a few weeks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf