Author Topic: Duratool ZD915 Desoldering Station  (Read 3076 times)

Offline BeauTopic starter

Duratool ZD915 Desoldering Station
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:04:00 pm »
Hi

I have the a problem with my Duratool ZD 915 desoldering station it will not hold the set temperature and continues to rise beyond the set point to it maximum.  Has anyone else had this problem is this a known problem with the hardware or software and does anyone have a schematic/ circuit diagram...

I have just repaired the SMPS but after test and rebuilding the enclosure I dropped the metal heat sink clamp on the STPS20S100CT and P60NF06 MOSFET, as I had not discharged the capasitor, bit of a crack but the SMPS still works but as above it won't hold the set point.  P60NF06 ordered as this appears to control the heater in the gun, SMPS fault was a failed CQ1565RT..

Any help or advice would be welcomed...

Beau

Offline sanman

• Contributor
Re: Duratool ZD915 Desoldering Station
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:26 pm »
I don't have the same model but I'm working on the exact same problem on a Aoyue 968. Maybe my issue is similar and can help you.

There is a Triac that is fed from a Triac Output Optocoupler. The Triac tested fine. I found the Output Optocoupler to be bad... keeping the Triac constantly on. I replaced the Output Optocoupler and it worked fine.

The following users thanked this post: Beau

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the reply I had the same idea and changed the optocoupler last night but no joy......it still could not hold the set point, Im still waiting for the mosfet to arrive as I think this controls the iron?  As I have the SMPS back up and working I'm going to have another look at the voltages and the C- & C+ line from the control board back to the power supply that I believe controls the supply to the iron via the micro controller.

As I asked in my previous post a circuit diagram would be very helpful but I suppose with this low end equipment it's hard to obtain?

Beau

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »
I have managed to repair my desoldering station It was the MOSFET as suspected.

Beau

Offline stevelup

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:01:49 pm »
We've had two of these self-destruct in the same way. One of them was left unattended and it caused the whole soldering iron handset to melt...

They are in the bin now!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf