Author Topic: electronic circuit / ultrasonic cleaner  (Read 1709 times)

Offline reneman65Topic starter

electronic circuit / ultrasonic cleaner
« on: July 06, 2016, 06:36:55 pm »
hello everyone ,

i have a ultrasonic cleaner from the brand EMAG in germany , the type of unit is the EMMI 40 HC
now the problem is that the electronic circuit is deffect ,,,,the are two FET'S  IRFP 460 L on the board that where blown .
i replace those FET'S  and the unit stil don't work  ?
so i concentrate on the one 16 DIP IC   that i think is also deffect ,,but the identification number is scratched of by the manufactor  :phew:
can someone help me with this to figure out what kind of IC is needed for this 38 khz cleaner ...
i found some number stil readable  and looks like 44 number  ..it has to be a oscilator IC  in the 38khz range
the output of the ic i found that it drives two transistors one pnp and one npn  .
i know that the ic has a vcc + on top (next to notch) and ground at other side over length of ic
also the output pins are on the oposite site of vcc   

can anyone help  ?

thanks  rene van steenis    :palm: :-[

Offline seeigecannon

Re: electronic circuit / ultrasonic cleaner
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:10:38 pm »
You have a couple options for a bodge circuit here:

1: Use a 555 timer to replicate that 38kHz waveform. If the unknown chip is a micro-controller of some kind then you will loose the timer feature (if it has one).

2: Use a micro-controller of some kind to create the 38kHz. This will allow you to maintain the timer, but this will also allow you to sweep between 37 and 39kHz. This will give you a better cleaning cycle as you will eliminate standing waves.

If either of these sound like something you would be willing to try then let me know and I will go into more detail on how to implement the fix.

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »
I haven't looked it up at all, but those two pins tied together makes me think it is a TL494.

Offline 1001

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:33:33 am »
it should be a CD4046B, phase-locked loop device, can you post a pic of whole pcb?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf