Author Topic: Hameg 203-7 knob needed  (Read 3047 times)

Offline DedrestTopic starter

Hameg 203-7 knob needed
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:36:38 pm »
Hello,

I recently acquired a brand new (NIB) older Hameg 203-7 scope.  Unfortunately the box had received a hit and one of the vertical concentric attenuator knobs took a hit as well.  The knob itself can be repaired but the top red-colored cap containing the characteristic Hameg arrow is missing.  Finding a replacement has been quite an effort for many reasons.

The knob is the top one (variable control) on the concentric stack and is of the collet style.  The bottom of the skirt measures 10mm so I naturally consider it to be from the 10mm variety of these types of knobs.  But that is where things diverge.  The missing cap has dimensions that are different compared to the ones currently available from the few current collet knob manufacturers.  The dimensions are larger than the caps found on the 9mm styles and are smaller than that found on the 10mm ones.  As for the unique arrow marking, if a cap could be found that matches the dimensions of the missing one that has the line marking, that would be acceptable.

What I would like to first throw out there is if anyone might have a Hameg 200 series scope that is a parter who might have a spare knob available.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Hameg 203-7 knob needed
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of members that have a lot to do with Hameg scopes and you might get lucky, be patient.
Have you considered contacting Hameg for new parts?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Smith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »
Have you contacted Hameg (R&S) directly? I know they still sell a lot of spare parts, including complete knob sets for scopes. The had a nice site with all parts, but it seems to be replaced by a "contact us" page.
Trying is the first step towards failure

Offline plesa

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:41:49 pm »
Contact info@sky-messtechnik.de They are responsible for legacy products.

Offline DedrestTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:48:42 am »
A big "Thank You" to those people who have responded so far for your input!

tautech: Given the recent acquisition of this scope, I am still getting my bearings on finding sources & contacts for parts.  Rhode & Schwarz appears to be an obvious candidate (see below)

Smith: I do have a request into R&S but have not heard back as of yet.  Obviously the holidays have had a lot to play with that.

plesa: Thank you for the email contact.  I will send a note of inquiry.

Obviously Hameg does have some presence in the US but not very significant.  That is why I have have my hopes on a solution from the European community.

Again, thanks to all!!

Offline Ozo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »
I just got this from a guy I bought a Hameg scope from;

"A Representative from Rohde & Schwarz promptly contacted me on Monday morning regarding the parts.
You should be able to arrange to get the knobs or any other parts by sending and email to: Service.RSA@RSA.Rohde-Schwarz.com

Rohde & Schwarz USA, Inc.
6821 Benjamin Franklin Drive
Columbia, MD 21046

EDIT: Oops, I see this is an old thread.
Toll Free: (888)837-8772 Opt 3
Fx: (410)910-7931 "
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:01:51 pm by Ozo »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:31 pm »
If all other avenues fail to provide a knob, I have a pile of Hameg 203 CRO's in my garage. I can supply a knob from one of them. I am located in the UK.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf