Author Topic: Hameg Spectrum Analyzer Power Supply -- Unidentifed Diode  (Read 1485 times)

Offline roddTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hameg Spectrum Analyzer Power Supply -- Unidentifed Diode
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »
Hi folks,
I started to repair a Hameg 5005 Spectrum Analyzer which has no trace on the screen.
So I started with the power supply.
Up to now, I fdiex the +12V replacing a TL082 op amp and a TL431 regulator.
All low voltages are ok now, but I have a problem in the HV.
When I start to follow the schematics I fund D1557 (smd type) marked with a *.
I looked everywhere in the other sheets od the manual and there is no mention to it.
Can anybody figure out which diode is it?
It seems to be a zenner diode, so what voltage?
Thank you in advance for the help.
Roger

Offline Dachpappe

• Contributor
Re: Hameg Spectrum Analyzer Power Supply -- Unidentifed Diode
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:35:15 am »
Well I also didn't find anything where the exact value of the diode is mentioned.
But by how the diode is placed in the circuit it should be a low zener-value.
It's parallel to the Base-Emitter section of T1553 which according to the datasheet has a max voltage of 5 volts. So it's probably between 0,7 - 5,0V. Have you checked the zener if it's really dead?

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:08:43 am »
A zener diode actially doen't make sense, because it is in parallel with the base-emitter diode, therefore the voltage never goes higher than ~0.7V. In reverse direction it acts as a normal diode limiting the reverse voltage.
I have a similiar power supply (PS5011) here, the diode is unpopulated. Maybe that's why the manual doesn't mention a part number.
If you want to place a diode, a 1N4148 should do the job.

Offline barroweer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:55:45 am »
Hello. I have such appliance (may be Hameg 5510) which i was got like a gift recently but almost completely broken down. Fortunately it has a few boards nearly intact, the power supply among them. I've made some photos of rear and attach link on the service manual  of proper quality (http://www.frankshospitalworkshop.com/equipment/documents/workshop_equipment/manuals/Hameg%20HM5010-5011%20Spectrum%20Analyzer%20-%20Service%20manual.pdf). And, interestingly, on my board this diode wasn't placed at all (see pages 37 and 50 in service manual).  Does your board have this one?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf