Author Topic: Help identifying the manufacturer of a slide potentiometer?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Metatronic_ModsTopic starter

• Contributor
Help identifying the manufacturer of a slide potentiometer?
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:22:54 am »
I'm just hoping someone will recognize the logo on this slide pot and can tell me who made it. Maybe that will help me locate one (1).  It's a dual gang, 45mm long, 30mm travel, so far the only close match I've found had a minimum order quantity of 2000. And you know ...repair.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Re: Help identifying the manufacturer of a slide potentiometer?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:05:33 am »
I do not know the brand, but ALPS slider pots are usually relatively easy to get and they look very similar:

http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/Potentiometer/SlidePotentiometers/RS__1/RS30112AC00J.html

Seem to be available from Mouser and a few other suppliers.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:09:04 am by amspire »

Offline Rog520

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 04:19:28 pm »
Looks like a company called "Favor Union" out of China. If you can identify the particular model number you might be able to request a sample from them. The standard route would be to go through the equipment manufacturer or their authorized parts distributor and order a replacement part.

http://www.polyshine.cn/

The following users thanked this post: Metatronic_Mods

Offline Testtech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »
Futaba perhaps?

Offline Metatronic_ModsTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 03:12:11 pm »
The standard route would be to go through the equipment manufacturer or their authorized parts distributor and order a replacement part.

Yeah, if the company wasn't some fly-by-night shakedown run by what I can only assume are two guys under thirty, a dog and two cats. Or maybe it's one guy over 30 and a factory in China which he visited once during the late nineties and now receives a check from every so often just as a token gesture for all the "loaned" IP.

Thanks for the idea, though, I'm not sure if they came up when last I looked. I'll give them a try here in a bit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf