Author Topic: Help me identify this diode  (Read 970 times)

Offline cjapiluTopic starter

Help me identify this diode
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:42 am »
Hi to everybody, first time in this blog, need some help to identify a diode from vishay company, the circuit is mounted on a truck and controls the pto (power take-off) basically drives the motor (12v) to engage the shaft (switch it on and off) the board originally was made for a crane so it has even controls for lift up and down but that side is not used. the diode (but there are multiple ones labelled the same) it's an smd type (CM 0CA) i suppose it could be a zener but could be also an esd, body is 3x4mm feets 2mm large (maybe 1W?), a new board will cost me about 350€ and (of couse) the manufacturer wont give me the specs. I would appreciate any idea, thanks

Offline cjapiluTopic starter

Re: Help me identify this diode
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:11:51 am »
that's a picture of the board angle ( the other one is on the other side will post soon another image) whit two of those

Offline isometrik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:02:51 am »
Possibly a SMBJ33A bi-directional 33 volts (stand-off voltage) TRANSZORB®.

It would fit the device marking code found on page 2 of the following datasheet: http://www.vishay.com/docs/88392/smbj.pdf

Offline isometrik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 09:10:55 am »
I forgot to mention that I used the Vishay Diodes Group Body Marking document (http://www.vishay.com/docs/88912/diodesgroupbodymarking.pdf) to figure out what the marking corresponded to.

Assuming that the component you refer to has a SMB (DO-214AA) body, "CM" would correspond to the diode type, while "0CA" would correspond to the date code. Refer to page 4 of the document for more details.

The following users thanked this post: cjapilu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf