Author Topic: Help me repair Tek 2440 - Display Flicker when running CTE Calibration  (Read 2607 times)

Offline chihaxinhTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi Everybody

I have on Tek 2440 have problem , when running in 5 10 min have gain error and runing selftest fail . I open case and force cooling CCD and DAC module by other fan, everything ok when running 1 hour or more, selftest Pass.

Inside case not have must dusty so heatsink very clear. I checking power rail it's all OK , voltage value and voltage rip OK.

So i runing coldstart to carlibration Tektronix 2440 . Runing ATTEN and TRIGER pass but CTE not pass.
NVRam in 2440 using static cmos HM622556LP-12 , and external Lithium battery ( Checking 3.7V OK - Battery not dry )
So I attach picture and video clip , when runing CTE calibration , display flicker and allway report overload in 50R input ATTEN . I Don't know why CTE Calib auto switch to 50R ATTEN input

All information reference you can see in topic
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/tek2440-mini-teardown-nvram-replacement-and-calibration/

I concern register memory in NVRam wave form capture have error.

Many thank so much!

Edit : Display Flicker only when runing CTE Calibration mode ( You can see in video clip )
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:36:32 am by chihaxinh »

Offline LazyJack

• Frequent Contributor
  • Yeah, cool.
Ah, the overload explains a lot.
CTE calibration switches the 50 termination on, as the official calibration procedure uses a pulse generator with 50ohms output. If the 50ohms overload comes on, then your input voltage is too high. You should lower the amplitude or insert a attennuator. The calibration requires a fairly low signal level 120mV or something like that. It needs to be 6div in amplitude in whatever the scope sets up the volts/div.
Other than centering the signals, you should not change any other setting that the scope sets up for the cal. The flickering is probably because of the overdrive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf