Author Topic: Help to identify manufacturer / line of European threaded connector  (Read 1419 times)

Offline rbmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi,  I picked up a Greiner watch microphone stand (Swiss made) which has a female threaded electrical connector in the base.  I'm looking for the mating male end that will allow me to hookup the amplifier lead.  The receptacle looks like this:

A complete stand with a mating cable appears like this:

It is an M8 x 1.0 thread with a single coaxial style contact in the centre.  I've searched Mouser and Digikey catalogs for a similar item but have failed to locate anything.  The closest I've come is a Switchcraft 2501F or Amphenol-80-75-MC1M but they are too big.  Maybe one of the European members of this board will be able to ID the manufacturer for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:15:39 am by rbm »
- Robert

Tac Eht Xilef

Re: Help to identify manufacturer / line of European threaded connector
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:59:43 am »
Any chance it's not M10 but 3/8"? That might make it a Switchcraft 5501 series, which was sometimes used on smaller gear.

Offline rbmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:30 am »
I will attempt to verify that the thread is a 3/8" x 32 instead of M8 x 1.0.  If so you may be correct.  Thank you very much for the lead.
- Robert

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:46:34 am »
you can easily custom make it. Just use a suitable size cable gland with the thread and a spring test pin in the centre, epoxy the assembly with wire out of the assembly.

Offline rbmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »
Tac: I made some more measurements and conclude that the Switchcraft 5501M won't fit.  The thread size on the connector is too fine (32) for the pitch in the base (24 or 1.0mm).

Armadillo:  That's the path I'm going to take.  Surprisingly, I found a threaded plastic housing in my stash that fits perfectly in the thread.  I'm going to use a spare Amphenol connector for the center conductor and spring copper for the ground contact which I'll locate in the slots so that they brush up against the threads in the base.  I'll encase that assembly in epoxy as you've suggested and bring it out to a shielded twisted pair.  Thanks for weighing in on this discussion.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:59:31 pm by rbm »
- Robert

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf