Author Topic: How do I find live tube amp help via Skype or in person in Miami Florida  (Read 2111 times)

Offline PlanobillyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi guys,

I really think I need someone to show me how to go about doing some testing using the equipment that I own. I think for example that I do things in a safe manner but lacking experience I would like some feedback from someone who really understands tube amps.

Best case, someone here in south Florida. Second best case, someone over skype. I don't have a lot of money but I can pay what ever is reasonable. I need some real time guidance.

Any recommendations??

Thanks,

Billy

Offline picandmix

• Frequent Contributor
Re: How do I find live tube amp help via Skype or in person in Miami Florida
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:16:50 am »
In case there is no single person around to offer you the one to one help you are seeking,
why not put some basic questions to this forum along with some details/ pics of what test equipment and amps you have and the problems; surely a much wider knowledge base, the whole point of the forum ?

Offline PlanobillyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:27:06 am »
Thanks,

I have been working hard to try to fix a 30W tube amp. I finally got to the cause of the problem which was a bad jumper wire between to PCB's. I spent a ton of time finding the issue and I am sure there was a better way to go about it. I have a couple of other amps that I need to repair so in a few days I will post something.

I also actually ran into someone who is coming over next week to give me a bit of help.

Thanks,

Billy

Offline highlux

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »
Signal injection and tracing are the key to amp repair after you have used your eyes, ears, nose, and brain to inspect it.   

Many want to fix amps. Few do.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf