Author Topic: How to open/refurbish HP 1250-1091 BNC connectors  (Read 809 times)

Offline ingowienTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
How to open/refurbish HP 1250-1091 BNC connectors
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:52:17 pm »
Hi,
does somebody know how to open these HP BNC connectors correctly? Some connectors on my HP 8673B are in bad condition and should be replaced or at least cleaned. Some time ago I tried to open similar BNCs on a 8593E and all I managed was to ruin the knurls but the nuts didn't move. They seem to be either tightned very strong or are stuck or glued.
- Is there a correct way or trick to open these nuts (warm air, WD-40, special tools or just brute force)?
- Is there a way to refurbish the connectors? Do you know how they are plated and how to clean them? These are only low bandwidth aux connectors but they shouldn't be in such bad shape.
- Does someone have replacement connectors?
best regards
Ingo

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: How to open/refurbish HP 1250-1091 BNC connectors
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 10:06:26 pm »
Can't say about those specific HP jacks, but I am using small interdental brushes and Kontakt Gold2000 to clean BNC jacks. In case of more dirt/oxidation I have a small, slightly conical diamond burnisher which is a repurposed pre-used (so not to bite too much) dental rotary insert.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf