Author Topic: How to repair a FeelTech FY3200S waveform generator?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline EnricoTanzTopic starter

How to repair a FeelTech FY3200S waveform generator?
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »
Hi all, im a new user! I've been following this forum for some months, looking for a good oscilloscope. I've found it :D

I also bought a FeelTech FY3200S waveform generator, it was very cheap, and it came from China.
It worked fine, until i connected it to my pc.
I installed the drivers and the softwares properly, following the instructions on its cd.
Suddenly, as last step, i connected it to my pc via usb, and i turned it on and...

It stopped working! The software can't find it, and it always shows black squares in its display. Also when i disconnect it from my pc.
I think it's gone, but hopes are always alive.
The seller sent me a refund, but I don't need to ship it back, so.. I don't want to throw it in the trash...

I've looked everywhere for a ''factory restart'' keys combination, but I found nothing.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

...And sorry for the bad english  |O

Offline TheoB

• Regular Contributor
Re: How to repair a FeelTech FY3200S waveform generator?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 06:19:02 pm »
Open it up and measure the power supplies. Check the crystal oscillator. Since it worked for a while it could also be a bad solder joint or connector. The basic fault finding procedures  :popcorn:
You might also have killed it when you connected the USB cable to your PC while powered on. The signal generator is known to have a large powersupply leakage when you don't ground it first.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf