Author Topic: HP 3467A Service Manual  (Read 3921 times)

Offline davorinTopic starter

• Supporter
HP 3467A Service Manual
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »
Happy new year first :-)

Is someone in the posession of a readable service manual for the HP 3467A?

The onle PDF manual I found on the internet is mostly unreadable, especially schematics are unrecognizable...

cheers
richard

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
Re: HP 3467A Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »
You mean like ebay #331438461773 ?
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:36:10 am »
Apologies for the necro-bump.

Similar problem of getting a readable manual needed while trying to fix a HP 3467A that will autorange down but not up. Manual range control works. ADC works.
Keysight's copy diagrams/ schematics unreadable, no Arktech , only other search finds lead to internet weirdness.

Thanks for any help
Robert
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 06:58:24 am »
For any eevblog postee I have a reasonable copy of the 3467A manual now, if interested PM me and I can forward a copy - but quite large.

Turned out the DMM was in 'test mode' - jumper on one of the PCBs - returned it to 'run mode' and the meter works.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 07:02:36 am »
Photos of the inside of the HP 3467A - for a fellow eev blogger

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 04:20:48 pm »
PM sent! Yes, I would love to get a nice copy. I have two of these, both ebay failed units. However, I was able to get several repairs done on them:

1. The main problem was tin whiskers from the steel supports around the switches. All sorts of strange malfunctions. It took a few rounds of scrubbing and blowing out with air to get them clean.

2. One unit had a burned-out LED. I replaced it with a NOS HP part.

3. Both units had an idler gear in the printer break. The plastic disintegrated. I replaced it with a brass gear in both. It was an in-stock gear that I had to get machined down to fit in the unit.

4. The thermal print heads filled up with paper and ink dust over time. I cleaned them out with alcohol.

5. The white plastic screws in the printer assembly tend to break. I replaced them with steel screws. Watch the clearance.

6. The printer assembly has rollers on each side to run the paper advance. These had flat spots worn on them. I put "tires" on the rollers by putting heat shrink tubing over them. It took several iterations to get this right. Note: The extra torque from the tires is what pushed my idler gear to the limit.

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 05:46:08 pm »
Very nice. Legible part lists!

The following users thanked this post: VK5RC

Offline Ordinaryman1971

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 07:20:56 pm »
I was looking at one few weeks ago but it was going for about $100 and I didn't want to pay that much. There two posted right now on ebay for $65 and $75.
So... it just scans each of the inputs and prints out the measurement?
Very interesting.. paper copy for everything.
I was thinking... maybe to upload your manual to some depository... TiN's maybe.. I hope he doesn't mind.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Interesting meter. Was this made before HPIB and scanner cards or just a matter of market requirements?

Glad to hear it was an easy fix, Rob. I'd be interested in "making a backup" of the manual in case I ever run across one of these.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 03:45:31 am »
Here is how I fixed the gear. The original gear is 30 teeth, module 0.3, 2.5 mm diameter shaft, and 4.5 mm in height. The source gear I used was Misumi S30B30B+0302, however, this had to be machined for diameter and height. It was originally 2.0 mm shaft diameter and maybe 6 mm with the hub.

https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221000069268/?HissuCode=S30B30B%2b0302&PNSearch=S30B30B%2b0302&KWSearch=S30B30B%2b0302&searchFlow=results2type

I got it machined at work. The shaft was drilled out to 2.4 mm, and the hub was milled down to a total height of 4.5 mm.

There may be better sources out there, but for some reason it was hard to track down.

The pictures are of the original package with the machined gears, and the gear installed in the printer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf