Author Topic: HP 8673B service manual or schematics in good quality  (Read 1664 times)

Offline ingowienTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HP 8673B service manual or schematics in good quality
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:05 am »
Does anyone have the 8673B service manual or schematics in paper form or good scan quality?
I know that there's 08673-90134 on the keysight server but it's really bad quality and almost impossible to read the details. It's rather time consuming having to trace the signals on the PCBs and check with a continuity tester if a digit was 0, 3, 6, 8 or 9. Currently I'm stuck with the strange behavior that the output level only seems to adjust when RF is turned on, then it doesn't change any more. However the meter varies when the vernier is adjusted.
So if someone can provide schematics or is willing to sell, this would be helpful. Can even be an older revision, my 8673 has a very low serial and some older board revisions.
best regards
Ingo

Offline ap

• Frequent Contributor
    • ab-precision
Re: HP 8673B service manual or schematics in good quality
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:08:12 am »
It is being sold on ebay US by Artek media, you can also get it online from them which saves you time and cost.
Metrology and test gear and other stuff: www.ab-precision.com

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 01:17:14 am »
Thanks a lot for the hint. I've seen the offer but - incorrectly - assumed that this would just be a collection of the keysight manuals. At least I think to remember that some people are trying to sell manuals that are widely available. But from reading the offer it really sounds like good quality.
So thanks for the hint, I'll contact them immediately.
best regards
Ingo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 01:45:58 am »
Unfortunately their homepage only lists the 8673A, not the 8673B. Do you know how large the differences are?
I just found http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/08673-90053.pdf from 1985 for some 8673E with much better scan quality.
Maybe some schematics are very similar or the same, so I'll compare this to my 8673B manual until I get some reply from artek.
best regards
Ingo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf