Author Topic: HP Agilent 1670XX Boot Fix  (Read 1149 times)

Offline calmissileTopic starter

• Contributor
HP Agilent 1670XX Boot Fix
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
Moderator, please move this to the appropriate thread if appropriate.

I was unable to do an Ignite (fresh install) of the HP 16702A software.  I was using Ver A..02.90.0
For anyone that finds they cannot do anything and the analyzer seems to be all screwed up, give this a try.

I don’t know all the details yet, but I do know what fixed the problem with the 16702A.  Based on the results of all the experiments, I came to the following conclusions:
1.   The Ignite process appears to not change the configuration data that is stored on NOVRAM (EEPROM) in the analyzer.
2.   Apparently the NOVRAM got corrupted at some point and created all the problems that I experienced for several days.
3.   The analyzer would not see the external CD-Rom and prevented me from reading the CD-Rom and could not do an install (Ignite)
4.   When the CD-Rom was connected, it also prevented seeing the main Hard Drive.
5.   Best I remember, I had to disconnect the CD-Rom and then booted the CD-Rom with the ver 90 software.
6.   The install was all screwed up with all kinds of errors having to do with allocation of space on the hard drive.  It always ended up crashing with errors I am not smart enough to understand.
7.   What I did was interrupting the boot process (CD-Rom disconnected), and used the Configuration Menu to make some changes.  I suspect that the configuration changes were made to the NOVRAM on the LA.
8.   Here is a snippet of what I had to enter using the configuration menu.  I found it on the internet with a search….

Are your 16700's BIOS settings correct? Sometimes users will select "DEFault" BIOS settings in an attempt to fix a problem, however these settings are incorrect.

To restore the proper BIOS settings after selecting DEFault settings, begin by interrupting the boot process (hit Esc repeatedly when powering up) and entering the COnfiguration menu (type "co"). The type the following commands:

au bo on (turns Autoboot ON)
lc 100/h (sets LAN Config to 100/Half_dx)
pa pri sescsi.6.0 (sets primary boot path to SESCSI.6.0)
pa alt sescsi.1.0 (sets alternate booth path to SESCSI.1.0)
res (RESets or reboots the machine)
If the hard drive is good and contains a working image, the analyzer should boot normally at this point. To restore the hard drive to its factory default state, see: My 16700-series logic analyzer has become unstable or erratic, delivers unexpected results, or is otherwise not working properly. What steps should I take to resolve this?
9.   Here is the link that saved my butt..

http://www.keysight.com/main/editorial.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&ckey=376054&nid=-11143.0.00&id=376054

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf