Author Topic: Help identifiying these burnt resistors  (Read 1759 times)

Offline OVERPOPULATIONTopic starter

Help identifiying these burnt resistors
« on: May 06, 2018, 11:54:11 pm »
For a set of Logitech speakers Z906 resistors R79 and R80. Both are identical and both are fried. I ask because im unsure about the colors. I went to a local electronic components shop and the guy was unsure also. I think light is better on the pictures. Ive found ppl saying they are 5,6Ohm but found also some contradictory.

Offline dacman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help identifiying these burnt resistors
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 02:40:34 am »
5.8 Ohm 5%, which is not a common value.  5.6 Ohm is a common value.

Offline LateLesley

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:11:55 pm »
I actually think they look like yellow gray gold gold, which would make them 4.8 \$\Omega\$ , But if the first band is green then it will be 5.8 \$\Omega\$ .

either way, a 4.7 \$\Omega\$ or 5.6 \$\Omega\$ respectively would probably do. Looks like they've been used as fuseable resistors, So the next question would be why they burnt up.

http://resistor.cherryjourney.pt/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:13:47 pm by LateLesley »

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 05:40:50 pm »
I think they were 5.6 \$\Omega\$ , they're burnt so blue probably turned gray.

EDIT: They could also be yellow green gold, 4.5 \$\Omega\$ .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:42:39 pm by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:16:50 pm »
I know a nice forum that repairs lots of stuff (I highlighted the interesting part):
Hello gentlemans, i'm new here, few days ago a friend of mine gave me for free a Logitech Z906 that has some problems

Problem 1 - working for 20 seconds the shuts off and never start again untill next day. I've opened the rear sub box, discharged  capacitors and check for faults. I have found the 470uF @ 16v capacitor bulged and r79 and r80 resistors (560ohm, 2watt) with ceramic falling off, i've changed the capacitor/resistors but now i'm facing the problem of "3 led on the console" problem, with multimeter i checked the black cables that enter in the amp from psu and i find 1.7v instead of 5v terminal, going back untill i find the Lm1117s 5v 0.8amp voltage regulator, on the input i've got only 6v instead of 8+ volt.. I've powered Lm1117s separately with a 9v 1604 battery on input and on the output i have 4.97 (yay, i was concerned that Lm1117 was blown too)

My question is: what can i do more to have +8v (or more) on the input of the Lm1117?

PS : first i was thinking to power the spot of the output of Lm1117s with a 5v 800 mA phone charger, second thought was adapting a Pc corsair hx650 psu and trow away full-of-glue-cr*p-and-no radiators Logitech psu.

>:D

Here's the full thread.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf