Author Topic: HP8751a repair  (Read 1231 times)

Offline medical-nerdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • What's that coming over the hill?
HP8751a repair
« on: March 30, 2018, 07:57:38 pm »
Hiya

I have a HP8751a network analyzer in very good condition. On first power up it booted successfully and ran for about 15 mins then turned off. No escape of smoke.
The power supply has 2 diagnostic LEDS on the back - the bias present LED is on as should be but the shutdown LED is flashing with a short click somewhere in the internals.
Taking off the lower cover, what appears to be a large regulator board has a few LEDs flashing with the power shutdown LED - no external evidence of damage.
I want to remove the power supply to check it but can see no way how without dismantling the entire machine.

Any advice please, or a service manual? I have searched but only found a maintenance and user manual so far.

Cheers
'better to burn out than fade away'

Offline TAMHAN

• Frequent Contributor
Re: HP8751a repair
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:42:40 pm »
Hello,
I took apart a 8753C recently. All of the covers need to go, and then the back can be "flipped out". I can send you pics if you want...

Tam
Feel like some additional tamile wisdom? Visit my YouTube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTamhan for 10min tid-bits!

Offline medical-nerdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • What's that coming over the hill?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 02:55:13 pm »
Hiya

Thanks - I'll attack the beastie again after the weekend. >:D

Cheers
'better to burn out than fade away'

Offline TAMHAN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 01:58:48 am »
Email me at tamhan aht tamoggemon roundthing com, so that I can forward the pics. Posting them here is such a hassle...
Feel like some additional tamile wisdom? Visit my YouTube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTamhan for 10min tid-bits!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf