Author Topic: Hung Chang HC-L202 oscilloscope, no display  (Read 1928 times)

Offline DepajTopic starter

Hung Chang HC-L202 oscilloscope, no display
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:28:01 pm »
Hi!

This is my first time on this forum.
I have been using this oscilloscope to work on Hifi equipment but this morning it died on me. The power indicator does light up but the display stays dark (when I powered it on there was a faint line, than some flickering and than nothing). It did smell very faintly burnt. I let it sit for a while unplugged (I'm not used to touching HV stuff) and opened it up, there seemed to be no charge anywhere so I started digging in. In the future is it necessary to discharge anything ?
I got the power supply out and started checking things : Q301 is shorted collector to emitter. I swapped it out for an original 2SB596 I pulled from an amp, mounted the thing back in and turned on the oscilloscope (on a current limiter). I still don't have any display but I noticed some of the neon bulbs in the high voltage supply were flickering from time to time accompanied by small "pops".
I don't know if this is a great oscilloscope but it has been working great so far and I don't really have the budget to buy a new one, so I would love to get it repaired.

Any help would be welcome  :D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:52:57 pm by Depaj »

Offline orbanp

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hung Chang HC-L202 oscilloscope, no display
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »
Hi Depaj,

Do you have the manual/schematics for the scope?
That would be really helpful!
Without it there is very little help we can offer, basically just generic comments.
So if you have it, make it available somewhere.

Regards, Peter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf