Author Topic: Identify this regulator IC  (Read 855 times)

Offline james_sTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Identify this regulator IC
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:22:59 pm »
Few things are more irritating than numbers sanded off ICs. I'm trying to repair a multi-chemistry battery charger, Turnigy Reaktor aka Charsoon Antimatter aka iCharger 206b. It had several blown mosfets and at this point I suspect this control IC which I believe is a buck-boost regulator with synchronous rectification which drives a number of external power mosfets. It interfaces to a microcontroller that handles all of the charger functions but I know little about the overall circuit design. It's possible that the IC in question is nothing more than a mosfet driver with everything else handled by the microcontroller but I'm not sure. Unfortunately it's a rather dense PCB with black solder mask making it very difficult to reverse engineer although I'm tempted to xray it to make that task easier. I wouldn't bother except that I'm annoyed by the deliberate obfuscation and would like to figure out what this IC is. There are a number of adjacent pins bridged together which may provide some clues to narrow down the search but so far I've come up empty handed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf