Author Topic: Identifying a Capacitor  (Read 1618 times)

Offline megamanTopic starter

Identifying a Capacitor
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:44:03 pm »
Hi, I have a Dell U2312HM Monitor with a faulty PSU. It looks like one of the SMD ceramic caps has gone pop as you can see in the photo. The issue I am having is I am not sure what value I need to replace the component with as I cannot find a service manual. The cap is 5mm long and 3mm wide, the mosfet you can see above the cap has a part number of PB210BD (http://products.niko-sem.com/images/product/128927539636.pdf) if it helps. Any help would be great,

Cheers,

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Identifying a Capacitor
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:59:45 pm »
There is no way to tell for sure, but you can make an educated guess. To figure out the rated voltage - look at the voltage rating of the electrolytic cap next to it  (C122).

The exact capacitance probably does not matter all that much. Put something like like 10 uF and see what happens.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: megaman

Offline megamanTopic starter

Re: Identifying a Capacitor
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »
Just posting an update, I checked C122 and it was rated for 100V, taking this in to account the highest value cap I was able to find that was in stock was 3.3uF. I have installed the cap and so far we have picture and no smoke so it looks good to me! Thank you for the help  :)

The manufacturers part no: C1812C335K1RACAUTO in case anyone stumbles across this in the future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf