Author Topic: Insignia NS-32E400na14 TV Repair  (Read 1477 times)

Offline CommWizTopic starter

Insignia NS-32E400na14 TV Repair
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:59:47 am »
Hey all,

I have an Insignia NS-32E400na14 TV that when plugged in, the power LED comes on, but it will not turn on (power light turns blue when working).  Has anyone had any experience repairing this model, schematics, suggestions?.  This is a three board system, Power Supply, Control/Video/Sound, Display Driver (TCON).   This TV started having this issue and could be resurrected by unplugging/plugging it back in, so I suspect the power supply.  I will be posting some pictures of the PS as soon as I get a chance to take the pictures.  The TV doesn't respond to the power switch nor the remote, and yes I have checked the batteries.  The power supply is marked well, but cannot find any schematics online.   A visual inspection of the PS doesn't show any hot spots or bulging caps or burned components, no noise(wining).   I checked voltages and it seems like most of the marked voltages are there, a couple are missing, but I'm not sure if this is due to the mode the TV is in (off).  One suspicious voltage is PS_ON and is measuring about 4.7 volts and is noisy.  There is a zener diode in this circuit a 5v6 and may be folding, hince the 4.7 with noise.   I haven't done a comprehensive suite of tests on it yet and hoped to find some more documentation (schematics) before going much further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Re: Insignia NS-32E400na14 TV Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:43:18 am »
sounds like boring capacitors
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline kingtutt

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 04:38:11 pm »
Did you ever find the issue with your TV?
I have an Insignia ns-32d511na15 and like you, cannot find a schematic.  The TV will not turn on at all.  Checked hot side of the Switch Mode Power Supply (PS) and all looks fine.  All caps look fine.  One problem I have is the power supply and main board are combined.  Would be much easier if they were 2 sep boards....then all you have to do is check the output plug on the PS to verify its operation.  Can't fine a schematic which makes it difficult. 

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:03 pm »
caps look fine

doesnt matter how they look
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 10:57:38 pm »
caps look fine

doesnt matter how they look

I agree, I look fine but you wouldn't want to look on the inside.  Still need to check the electros.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf