Author Topic: Iron stand for Hakko FR301  (Read 2041 times)

Offline tkamiyaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Iron stand for Hakko FR301
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:56:55 pm »
I guess this one belongs in "repair" section.... 

But more of a repair tool, and desoldering gun to be exact.  I just bought a Hakko FR-301.  What a difference in results when compared to (just returned) Chinese copy for 1/3 of the price.  Simply stated, Hakko works and the other didn't.  It didn't have enough heat or suction. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure many people have this model.  What iron stand do you use?  This one has everything built in to its handle so it's rather tail heavy and tall.  It needs suitably tall and heavy duty stand.  Can someone give me a suggestion?

Offline particleman

• Regular Contributor
Re: Iron stand for Hakko FR301
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:42:55 am »
I guess this one belongs in "repair" section.... 

But more of a repair tool, and desoldering gun to be exact.  I just bought a Hakko FR-301.  What a difference in results when compared to (just returned) Chinese copy for 1/3 of the price.  Simply stated, Hakko works and the other didn't.  It didn't have enough heat or suction. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure many people have this model.  What iron stand do you use?  This one has everything built in to its handle so it's rather tail heavy and tall.  It needs suitably tall and heavy duty stand.  Can someone give me a suggestion?

For my hakko 808 I use the hakko 633

Offline I_Code_4_Hugs

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:26:35 pm »
For my hakko 808 I use the hakko 633

+1 for the 633.

[...]Can someone give me a suggestion?

I have a FR-300 and if you're OK with resting the handle on your bench with the power cord overhanging, then the 633 would work:

Offline tkamiyaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:44:39 pm »
Thank you.  I just took delivery of 633.  It would have been nice if Hakko produced a proper stand that fits the sucking iron.  A little sheet metal "thing" came with the iron but it's not even a good joke.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf