Author Topic: Update: Keithley 175 Overvoltage during Calibration  (Read 1286 times)

Offline zaphiTopic starter

Update: Keithley 175 Overvoltage during Calibration
« on: April 24, 2018, 09:34:57 am »
Hi,
I made a stupid mistake  |O I step through the Calibration of DC 1,9V to 950V and repeated this in AC :-( of course this was not a good idea.
I got some strange noise out of the Keithley and the Fluke Calibrator get an overload error.
now I am getting only strange readings.

any idea which component I should check fist?
a Schematic can be found her
https://www.utwente.nl/en/tnw/slt/documentation/Equipment/GeneralEquipment/keithley175.pdf

hope for some suggestions
best regards form Germany
Tobias
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:35:05 pm by zaphi »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Keithley 175 Overvoltage during Calibration
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 11:02:24 am »
i would check page 63    every input components  from the volt ohms amp  section ???

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:03:42 pm »
did some further investigations.
After opening the case and inspecting the components i did not find any burn marks or visual damaged parts :-(
If i power up the unit in mega ohms mode with open circuit it starts at 15 mega ohm and clim up till arround 20 mega ohms...
shorting the terminals result in arround 2 ohms Looks like Switch range and Auto ranging is working.

i read about troubleshooting mode in the manual but i can not anderstand it fully. Entering troublshooting works fin but what should i check?

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:43:39 pm »
just a quick follow up about my Keithley 175
after a lot testing and bit of contact spray into the push buttons i get a reading responding to my bench power suply but way off...
after studying the shcematic and probing around i think U103 the op-amp for the -2v reference is not working any more.
after desoldering it nothing changed the scope is still way off but the same as bevor. :-+ so i ordered a new one will give a follow up.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »
finaly i traced down U103 is working fin. the - 7V rail was draged down bei U105 a TLC271CP after changing the -2V refferenc is rock solid again. But now i have a reading off -1.2V in the 20v range open circuit. If i supply 19V i get a reading of 17.8 the REL function is working fin. Any ideas how i can get rid of this offset?
Changed so far:
all CD4053
LM393N
TL061CP
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:37:00 pm by zaphi »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf