Author Topic: Working Forklift ECU repair  (Read 2457 times)

Offline TobiasGTopic starter

• Contributor
Working Forklift ECU repair
« on: October 23, 2023, 02:23:53 pm »
Hello all, I just received to repair a ECU from a Working Forklift Teleflex.
can somebody help to find manuals, diagram and more informations please.

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
Re: Working Forklift ECU repair
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 03:11:28 pm »
My limited experience with trying to find information about the internals of one particular ECU family (not even an exact specific model) was that of course there are no service manuals and any 3rd party information is sparse, limited to obscure Internet forums, and may require signing up to access or else is hosted on some free image upload site which is long dead.

YMMV, good luck ;D

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 05:43:54 pm »
normally   for safety reasons,  since its a lift,  find another module  . ..  yeah  not funny .... BUT

i would advise not playing in this  ...  and since there is almost nothing to be found ....

Offline p.larner

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 11:43:05 pm »
If you manage to reverse enginere it please post.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 12:27:45 pm »
Anyway, thank you very much for everyone's participation

Offline fenugrec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 02:40:23 pm »
ECUs often use very-NDA or unobtainium ICs anyway for things like ignition / injector drivers. Sometimes can be found as pulls from questionable sellers, but isolating the problem to one of those may be difficult. If you're lucky the problem might just be one of the discrete jellybean parts but I wouldn't count on that too much.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 04:24:28 pm »
maybe searching with the engine specs ????   maybe its used elsewhere ?

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 07:24:27 pm »
I worked for a company which made ECUs for NACCO, although not the model that you show in your photos.
What another commenter mentioned is true, the main processor will be either a FPGA or a automotive processor. Unobtainium.

Having said this, the vast majority of the field failures were almost always related to the power drivers, which appears to be the 20 pin power-packs, of which your module has several.
Your photo is unfortunately of extremely poor quality, and neither the part number nor manufacturer can be read. Most likely are made by STMicro or Infineon.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 07:37:22 pm by schmitt trigger »

Offline victorb

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 11:10:36 pm »
Getting your hands on specific manuals and diagrams for something like a Teleflex forklift ECU can be harder. I'd suggest contacting Teleflex's customer service; they're usually pretty helpful with these things.

Another option is to check with people who own the same forklift model; they might have the manuals or know where to find them. I recently got a 2015 Frontier KS900 from https://www.boomandbucket.com/equipment/forklifts and they were really helpful with tips and dateils on how to use it and I even have a warranty on it, so they can fit it anytime. It's a reeling platform, and the sales agent was really helpful with many tips. They may have the Teleflex model you're looking for and can help you with your problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 08:31:07 pm by victorb »

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 02:47:34 pm »
I would be certain that what is in that module is 'Intellectual Property' and only two people know about it, the original designer and the chinese who bought one and reverse engineered it or had one of their H1B code writers just outright steal the .bins and Gerber files. We had so much 'I.P.' stolen at G.E. Locomotive it would make your head spin, then to top it off they hacked G.E.'s network and held it for ransom!! It is pretty bad when your chinese contract manufacturer contacts you wanting to know the values of some discreet parts which were T.B.D. on the prototype information which was NEVER released in the first place!!
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Offline p.larner

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 05:54:24 pm »
so in answer to the original question it seems the only valid answer is sadly NO.

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2024, 02:18:41 pm »
Tks all

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf