Author Topic: Issue on GE CG9806 VHS camcorder.  (Read 262 times)

Offline Beauregard42Topic starter

• Yup. Just another screwball.
    • My YT page
Issue on GE CG9806 VHS camcorder.
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:28:15 pm »

I recently bought a General Electric CG9806 camcorder off of E-bay, and I tested it, and it works perfectly in every aspect other than the fact the circuit that converts the color carrier in the NTSC signal into the signal that is mixed with the Luma carrier, and recorded onto tape, is dodgy. Result: The signal recorded onto the videotape is B/W, even though the camera is color, and outputs a color signal through the composite output adapter. It can play tapes, with color because the color decoder is working, but the color encoder is not. I think it may just be a bad solder joint or something of the likes, because at one point, I had the camcorder hooked up to my VCR, with the VCR being source, and camcorder being the recorder,(Through adapter) and it recorded the color signal of the blue VCR screen, and then, once the tape in my VCR started, it cut back to B/W, and then two fields later, two fields of video were recorded on the tape in the camcorder with color, and then it cut back to B/W.

Anyone know anything about how to service this thing, or what can be done etc?

Original E-bay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/196074598843?hash=item2da6f4f1bb:g:e3kAAOSw3lFlTlhx&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwLeALtqaf7ktgkveTDjCgPMzcqXrVErrt1EpLviTvG5%2FHR4G46qMVLOLszdcF%2BOSuTfaI1yPMuq690mcfHgm6cOoD85FrJocZlw09TLbHnQ8K%2FCkXwXjzkpOCjqofa9Y0WR%2FR%2BTKmI%2BGPmqRfuRaPf%2B%2FOQOpKBHkm3f6EzAKncKuVBtIgoRwz%2BDk8dLHldjxP%2F80px0rDxAxJLU4PlYH9R1AB%2BBAFe7iY0UkvJs1E%2F1pD3F1XAtZ7SW27L4kMqMdxg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9qGqeyWYw
73, DE KK7MPR

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf