Author Topic: Latching Connector, Help Identify Please  (Read 1279 times)

Offline LaserSteveTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Latching Connector, Help Identify Please
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »
These connectors are in a high speed centrifuge at work.  Please help me identify them, as they are dying from vibration damage, failing to latch and becoming intermittent.   We are changing the ramp program to avoid the speed setting the students used for the past two years, which placed the motherboard at resonance. Even after adding  RTV to hold them in, they still work loose, and opening the unit every two weeks, to reseat them,  is becoming tedious.

I Would prefer to fix this then see the  taxpayer's  grant money spent on a new rotor harness and motherboard (1500$)

Please see attached two pics...

Thanks,

Steve

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:30:52 pm by LaserSteve »
"What the devil kind of Engineer are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse?"

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: Latching Connector, Help Identify Please
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:11:46 am »
I would rather fix the resonance/vibration instead, by adding some damping or possibly rebalancing the rotor...

Offline LaserSteveTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Latching Connector, Help Identify Please
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:51 am »
Already I re-balanced the rotor in the software, it was within tolerance.  I need the connector now, to maintain signal integrity without improvising or soldering the wires directly. Damping  was added to the harness, as well.

Thanks, Steve
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:48:55 am by LaserSteve »
"What the devil kind of Engineer are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse?"

Offline amc184

• Regular Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf