Author Topic: lcd monitor - inverter replacement  (Read 1799 times)

Offline unleashed666Topic starter

lcd monitor - inverter replacement
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »
hello,

ive got an old wacom monitor (branded as SMART podium ID422w)

the inverter board has got a bit of damage on it ( burnt ic's) but it is still powering some of the backlights, ive attached the image of the screen below

now ive never really bothered fixing monitors as they are cheap to replace anyway, but this one i need to fix as i carnt afford to replace it.

i know there are cheap universal inverter boards on ebay and wanted to ask for opions on them? are they any good? as i carnt find a wacom replacement board.

also has anyone got any ideas on what could have caused this? i havnt taken the lcd apart yet so havnt checked the tubes for damage.

all and any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:34:11 am by unleashed666 »

Re: lcd monitor - inverter replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 07:59:06 am »
UPDATE

ive ordered a ccfl universal inverter $3

and led backlight replacement kit $10

wiring is the same on both. plan is to change inverter board to get it working (as that will be the easiest option) then i will replace with led kit later on when ive got more time

------------------------

i couldnt find any info online for the board so tested each wire on standby/on states, at least i know where each wire goes now

image of voltage tests attached
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:20:33 am by unleashed666 »

Re: lcd monitor - inverter replacement
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »
all fixed now  :D

replacement inverter arrived first and that got the backlight working again but did cause a bit of interferance which ment the pen cursor jittered a small amount but was still usable and wasnt too annoying.

a few days later the led backlights arrived so old backlight got replaced and new leds work perfectly, no interferance at all and monitor colors look better and brighter so after a 4 week break i can finally start getting some work done again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf