Author Topic: LM13080 replacement  (Read 1359 times)

Offline FloopyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • I'm going to need another oscilloscope to fix that
LM13080 replacement
« on: August 03, 2018, 05:18:32 am »
I don't know if this is considered "Repair", but if anyone wants to move it feel free.

I'm currently repairing a device that has two of these LM13080N programmable operational amplifier. One is dead and I can only find two supply sources that are somewhat not trust-able. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a modern replacement?

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: LM13080 replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:45:28 am »
Finding a modern replacement would be difficult, as the chip has a rather odd pin-out - compared to the more normal OPs and the high output current could be a problem.

There might be chance to use a more normal OP, depending on the way the chip is used. Especially if used with fixed setting for the bias currents, so that a more normal OP could be used that comes close to the properties at the chosen bias. It would still need an adapter for the pinout.

Offline FloopyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • I'm going to need another oscilloscope to fix that
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 03:50:53 pm »

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:30:51 am »
The LM13080 is an unusual part with a single supply input, a high current output, programmable operation, and shutdown.  I do not think it was even second sourced so there is not going to be any modern direct replacement.  Something like an LA6500 would probably work assuming that the design does not require the programmable features.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf