Author Topic: Looking for Car radio Premium 8 RCD510 schematic diagram/ repair manual  (Read 6572 times)

Offline kasumykuTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello guys,

Can anyone suggest from where to get a schematic diagram/ repair manual for Premium 8 RCD510  ?
Looked everywhere on internet to get/purchase it but no luck.
Found  a few sites like http://www.eserviceinfo.com but nothing close to what I need...

Thank you!!!

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
Re: Looking for Car radio Premium 8 RCD510 schematic diagram/ repair manual
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »
Hello guys,

Can anyone suggest from where to get a schematic diagram/ repair manual for Premium 8 RCD510  ?
Looked everywhere on internet to get/purchase it but no luck.
Found  a few sites like http://www.eserviceinfo.com but nothing close to what I need...

Thank you!!!

Are you talking about the VW system?

What is the problem you are having?You might not need schematics and I might be able to help as I have a few of the different versions of the firmware.

Lastly the only ones for the VW series that you're interested in (if it is in fact the VW premium 8) have been in Russian and have never stayed online for long as far as I know,maybe someone else has a source though.If I can find them can you read Cyrillic.I dont want to sound harsh but my Russian isnt the best and it takes me time to look for things and I really dont want to waste the time if you cant read it?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 08:19:43 pm »
Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding.

Yes, is the OEM VW audio system (made by Delphy)
Problem that I have with this unit is that it wont power up.
I had it connected to a VW car to see if really wont turn on, and it doesn't...

BTW, I wont have the luxury anymore of keep testing it that way, so if I want to bench test a VW car radio do I just use the same connections as an aftermarket radio?
From what I know it uses CAN bus...how to connect it to my bench power supply?

So far I've checked the fuse, opened it up ...but I don't know where to go from here... :(

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 09:01:02 pm »
You should be able to power it up on the bench without canbus. I expect it will ask for the security code though so I hope you have it.
VE7FM

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:32 pm »

To power this unit all I need is to use is pins 12 and 15 only?

Multi-pin connector pinout:

9 –  CAN bus, high
10 –  CAN bus, low
11 –  Display voltage supply, positive
12 –  Voltage supply, negative, terminal 31
13 –  Display HV CAN bus low
14 –  Display HV CAN bus high
15 –  Voltage supply, positive, terminal 30
16 –  Anti-theft coding control signal, SAFE, positive

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »
I usually use a OEM adapter harness for a replacement radio from Metra etc when bench testing the more complex OEM radios on the bench.Although sometimes you'll need a plug or 2 from the car,I usually get these for free from a friends work or the junk yard etc.Depending on what you're planning on doing it may be worthwhile although far from necessary.I used to do a lot of OEM integration work and for me the few bucks they cost was well worth it to have for me.

Most of the stuff I have is on another computer,when I get a chance I'll take a look and see what I've got.

Last but not least,what you intend on doing will help us help you out more,so anymore info you have will only help and wont hurt.

Also while it might not matter for basics,the more complex issues can vary between markets.USA/Canada EU etc etc and finally you're going to need the code or the vin from the car the radio is from if you dont have it.

Robert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:01:50 pm »
I have the radio code, but first I need to get this thing to turn on...
As I said I have tried it in a VW car which I removed the existing OEM working unit and plugged this dead one in and no signs of life, didn't even get to the part of putting the code in...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf